Although other social media sites have become nearly as popular, Twitter remains an exciting marketing opportunity. As a result, many companies produce a social media marketing Twitter strategy that helps them stand out, making it easier to reach potential customers in various ways.
But if you want to create a social media marketing Twitter strategy that feels appropriate for your company, it is crucial to take the time to choose a system that makes sense for your needs. The following tips will give you the high-quality help needed to enhance your strategy with ease.
Make Your Profile Centered on Your Brand
When you’re creating a social media marketing Twitter strategy, it is critical to do what you can to focus on your branding. Just like with any marketing approach, branding is everything when it comes to online marketing. And the same is true of Twitter – in fact, it may even be more accurate with Twitter.
Why? Whether you’re a mulch service professional or any other business, Twitter allows you to stay in touch with your potential customers more tightly than other social media platforms. Each of your posts is done in your voice and is considered as coming directly from you or other individuals in the business.
It doesn’t matter if your custom screen printing business links their Twitter account to a professionally managed marketing team. Twitter’s huge benefit is that it operates as a direct communication line from companies to their customers. And a savvy professional can use this to their advantage.
For example, you can connect with customers and share different things like various deals and sales directly with them. In this way, you can market your firm and create the kind of connection necessary to enhance your marketing presence and make it easier to thrive in a unique marketplace.
Critically, it is also essential to make sure that all posts focus on your brand. For instance, you need to focus on photos showing off your brand in a positive light, various types of content that help create a professional image and other factors that enhance your campaign and make it successful.
So if you want to stand out with your marketing campaign, it is vital to highlight your brand. Always talk about your company, use language that makes sense for your brand, and much more. In this way, you can create a social media marketing Twitter strategy that works for your team.
Interact With Your Customers
Another thing to consider when creating a social media marketing Twitter strategy is how you can interact with customers in meaningful ways. Remember – Twitter thrives at its best when you talk to your customers, engage with them, and get them interested in what you have to say as a company.
This process is what sets Twitter apart from other types of social media sites. Rather than interacting just with your friends, you can talk to your customers and engage with them in unique ways. Doing so helps to make your company seem more personable and friendly as a team.
Therefore, you can create a schedule of posts and assign someone to constantly watch your Twitter feed to interact with and address complaints and other issues. This step is brilliant because it allows you to handle many other elements. Just a few benefits that this provides include:
- Real-Time Interaction – Twitter is constantly changing and providing customers with a chance to interact with you. Use this real-time interaction to create a higher level of customer service and to engage with your partners and other professionals in a way that you can’t otherwise.
- News Break Potential – If you are running a short-term sale at your business or have few customers visiting, you may want to use Twitter to announce that there are no waiting lines and that it may be easy for people to visit who want to come to your facility at any time.
- Safety Warnings – When problems occur in your area (such as criminal issues or even natural disasters), use Twitter to warn your customers. Doing so not only helps to keep everyone safe but also gives you the reputation as a company that cares about its customers and who does what they can to help.
- Address Complaints – You might find that people often use Twitter to lash out at companies and complain about them. Never fear! You can use this social media platform to discuss these concerns. Doing so allows you to create a reputation as a reasonable and friendly company.
So if you’re a dumpster rental company, this means assessing things like the quality of your trash removal, the professionalism of your team, and anything else that may come up. In this way, you can ensure that your customers are satisfied and minimize any complications along the way.
Or, if you’re an ant control specialist or any other type of pest company, you can share facts about ants, discuss them openly with your customers, and share advice on DIY pest control. However, everything that you post should focus on your company and how it can help your customers thrive.
And if you work as an automotive insurance provider, you can share your customer’s posts, address positive praise, and talk about negative criticism. Of course, you should never get defensive or angry but always speak to your customers openly and honestly. Doing so will improve your marketing presence tenfold.
Tweet Often – And Properly
Twitter is fascinating because so many posts come and go that most are forgotten very quickly. Therefore, your social media marketing Twitter strategy requires you to post a lot of content to Twitter and create a posting schedule that makes the most sense for your company and its needs.
At what point does your Twitter feed become too saturated with your content? That all depends on different factors. Some companies may have enough content to share over 15-30 minute spans throughout the day. Others may have more limited options that make little sense to communicate constantly.
In this way, your social media marketing Twitter strategy has to change based on your company and its needs. For example, you don’t want your customers to feel like you’re posting too much, or you might annoy them or even drive them away – a problem that has occurred in many situations.
Therefore, your social media marketing Twitter strategy should be based on careful research, such as when your customers share your posts, what posts they share most often, and more. Then, you can decide what type of content that you want to share:
- Every Quarter to Half Hour – Posting every 15-30 minutes helps increase your chance of catching your customers. Try to put your most important – and short – messages on this schedule. Typically, this will include various sales and deals. You can automate these posts to minimize their annoyance.
- Hourly – Some companies may find that hourly posts work the best for them. For example, you can market your ergonomic chairs hourly to catch people who many only look at Twitter every once in a while, allowing them to understand what types of services you may provide them fully.
- Daily – We recommend posting longer content, such as links to posts and severe content, on a daily schedule. First, do some research into what your customers may be interested in reading about from you. And then focus your daily posts on this content to make sure you get the information you need.
- Weekly – Your weekly posts should focus more on information like changes to store policy, upgrades to your overall operation, and other unique factors. In this way, you can continually interest your potential customers and catch their eyes with these essential posts.
And if you want this approach to work for your social media marketing Twitter strategy, it is also essential to keep your messages short. We know that Twitter only has a 140-character limit for their posts. However, we’re talking about keeping your Tweets below 20 characters or so.
Why should your messages be so short? Well, it is easier for your customers to share information about your home AC repair if you keep them short. And they’ll also be able to interact with you more intelligently if you keep it short, as they’ll be able to respond within the limits Twitter forces.
And suppose you run a breakfast restaurant or another similar type of establishment. In that case, short Tweets help make sure that your customers get the information you want quickly and efficiently. So instead of long posts, focus on those that can catch the eyes and attention of your customers.
Just think about your own experience with Twitter to get an idea of why this is so important. You likely read short posts most of the time, right? Anything that goes too long gets drowned out in the mass Twitter feed. So, focus on concision, and you’re more likely to thrive in this network.
Schedule Your Tweets Reasonably
While we’ve helped you create a social media marketing Twitter strategy that focuses on heavy content sharing, you shouldn’t just share information without a detailed schedule. There should be a rhyme and a reason for everything you post, which works to enhance your brand and image.
But what kind of schedule should you follow to advertise your work injury lawyer firm? That all depends on different elements and the nature of your business. Let’s break down a five-day strategy that you can use that will appeal to people every workday throughout the year:
- Monday – Post content about your sales and promotions on Monday. People are just getting back to work on this day and might want this kind of information. For example, foot doctors can share information about special sales that they might hold for first-time visitors.
- Tuesday – By now, your customers are settled into their work week and maybe focused heavily on their work. You’ll need exciting information, such as content about your company and its operation—share photos, videos, and other information that makes it feel more personable to them.
- Wednesday – Hump day is often a day of lazy attention, and people may spend more time on their Twitter feed than expected. Take advantage of this fact by focusing on detailed how-to articles and other unique insights into this day. Doing so will help to give you a great chance of catching their attention.
- Thursday – This day is often a rough one for many people because they may be trying to wrap up their work before taking time off. They may need information specific to your industry, such as articles about interesting trending topics or more, to stay on task and engage with you.
- Friday – Your customers are likely to be ready to end the work week and may find it hard to focus on your content unless it is pitched to them. Try to give them unique self-help advice based on your business. Doing so will provide them with something that they can do on the weekend.
By carefully scheduling your tweets in this way, you improve your chances of reaching the most possible customers. You also cut back on confusion, which is a problem likely to affect many. For instance, scheduling helps your customers understand what kind of content to expect from you.
People like routine – and if you can feed into that need, you can thrive and create a social media marketing Twitter strategy that works for you. Just pay attention to what your customers want, what they react to the most, and pitch your content to make sense for that need. You’ll be glad that you did.
So if you want to create a social media marketing Twitter strategy that works for your needs, it is crucial to consider each of these steps seriously. You also need to talk to your marketing team about the different methods that you can use to minimize any concerns that may otherwise develop. Doing so allows you to stay on top of your customer’s needs and decrease the risk of serious complications.